Friday, April 11, 2008

Catchup Time! Part 2

The last post would have been waaaayyyy too long if I had included this post with it! On April 7th we had our friends, the Chidlows, to celebrate Sokea's 10th birthday. Wait a minute...has it really been 8 years since they adopted her from Cambodia? I can still remember her teaching me "The Look"! I will have to find a picture of that for you all to see sometime! Anyhow...she turned ten today, but we had a "early" celebration. We all had a TON of fun...that is, except two of us while doing one of the activities, and it lasted until pretty late at night! Here are some pictures of our fun day!

Happy Birthday Sokea! We love you!







Here we are painting flower pots.
We taught Sokea and Emily how to do one stroke painting and they promptly went to the craft store and got some supplies!








Lookin' good!











Monopoly!











I think you can see how this game turned out!
(Note: Emily and Kathryn really don't like Monopoly, while Sokea and I really do!)








Time for PRESENTS!!!
(She got a journal, a homemade patchwork pillow, a homemade doll dress, and an embroidered handkerchief).
























We ended the night with a pizza/movie dinner and, of course, cake. Sadly, the homemade pizza kind of fell apart in the oven, so we had to quickly order Rosati's instead. The cake, however, with the movie turned out perfect as her movie of choice was National Velvet - which is a horse movie!



Thanks so much for spending the day with us, Chidlows! We had a great time!

Please wish Sokea a happy birthday!

2 comments:

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Happy Birthday Sokea!
It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Hannah DeL

As One Voice said...

Sokea ~

Happy Birthday! I pray you have a wonderful year full of growing, learning and enjoying family and friends.

Mrs. Ortega

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com