Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For your viewing enjoyment

Most of you know that for about 10 years we have been going to a retirement home every Thursday. However we take a break every August and December, so we usually do a "special" performance right before we break. The first Thursday in December is the big dinner party where we decorate, have a big meal and do a performance in the evening rather that the usual 9:30a.m. gathering. Two years ago we decided to do a funny play for them and they absolutely loved it. Then in July this year we put on another play to continue the story. And finally we just did another play to further the story even more. So I thought I would share these videos for you. *Please note that the second and third plays were rehearsed the day of with no other practicing and the first one had two practices, The second play is based on a joke by Tolkien*

Yenlow Productions presents:

Annabelle & Beauford I (part I)- The Twelve Gifts



(Part II of The Twelve Gifts)



Credits:
Annabelle: Kathryn Yen

UPS man: Sokea Chidlow & Tara Yen

"Gifts": Emily Chidlow, Sokea Chidlow & Tara Yen

Violinist: David Yen

Announcer: Tara Yen

Sound: David Yen

Videoing: Annette Yen


Annabelle & Beauford II - The Mix-up (This one starts a little late, but you still get the point)



Credits:
Narrator: Elisabeth Fojtick

Annabelle: Kathryn Yen

Beauford: Aleck Fojtick

Beauford's sister: Emily Chidlow

UPS man: Sokea Chidlow

Lady Clerk: Tara Yen

Videoing: Annette Yen



Annabelle & Beauford III - Slowly I Turn, Southern Style



Credits:
Annabelle: Kathryn Yen

Charles: Emily Chidlow

UPS man: Sokea Chidlow

Laurelei: Tara Yen

Videoing: Annette Yen


*At the end of this one, Kathryn was supposed to throw a pie plate full of whipped cream in my face, but the whipped cream melted before we could do that, so we had to use the parasol instead, which isn't as funny*


Hope this brought a smile to your face!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am sufficiently embarrassed to last me the rest of the year. :-) It's one thing to perform it for some sweet elderly folks who love anything you do and quite another to have that performance broadcasted worldwide (ok, or on your blog).
I guess I should be grateful I didn't have to wear a blue wig or a mustache...

Anonymous said...

Sniff ... mother is so proud of her young thespians...

Emily Jo said...

Hey, I had to wear a wig and a mustache!!! LOL! Don't speak badly of the wig and mustache wearers!! Love, Em

Emily Jo said...

Okay, now all the people who read your blog are definitely going to think I am weird! LOL! Love, Emily a.k.a. Charles

Anonymous said...

Well, whatever they may think, you are NOT weird, Emily! At least, not usually. :-)
And I was not speaking badly of wig and mustache wearers... I was simply expressing my gratitude for not being cast in the roles that required me to wear them!

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com