Yes, the folks who put on this event every year must have run out of funds and abandoned the beautiful, gold-gilded, velvet-carpeted halls of the Civic Opera House for the... ummmm... unique ambience of the Harris Theater. How do you like the change??
We still enjoyed the train ride with friends. L to R: Tara, Kristen, Emily, Yours Truly.

The lobby area (is there a better word than "lobby" that I am not thinking of??) of the opera house - beautiful, isn't it?
Here is the *cough* cheerfully lit lobby of the Harris Theater.
Emily likened it to a "disco parking garage."
I am disposed to agree.
Kristen & I found that glowing neon pink faces are actually quite... well, you know... pink?
Really there wasn't THAT much difference in the stage, except that it was smaller.
For those of you who have gone before, it's easy to see how much smaller the Harris Theater is. And it is also very black.

Versus the grandeur of the opera house! Quite a difference, eh?
Well, well... enough griping about the new facility. I think you get the picture. Everyone write and demand they have it at the opera house again (send money with your letter and they might listen!!!).
Part of the alto section
The principal cellist who is there every year. She gets so into the music, it's fun to watch!
Sisters, sisters...
Even if the Harris Theater can't compare to the opera house, the evening was still very enjoyable as always. The soloists were all pretty good; we always like Tamara Matthews (soprano), the alto isn't our favorite but she has a great attitude. :-) The bass was good, but a little "bouncy" and desperately needed a haircut (want to see what I mean? Watch the video below). And the tenor was so handsome and youthful *inside joke*. :-)
2 comments:
Hmmm...I'm not too disappointed now that I didn't make it this year.:-)
Jacob B.
Muchas gracias! That picture of us on the train is really good and we enjoyed watching the crazy bass again. Did you notice the person at the end of the air who goes, "Yeahh..." right after he finishes? It's hilarious! Listen closely!!
Love, Em and So
Post a Comment