Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Eve

I'm finally getting around to updating our blog. Our most recent happening of note was our little New Year's Eve party. We had the Chids and the Riggenbachs over and had a ball! We ate munchies throughout the night and played games. The R's brought the Pride and Prejudice game, and of course Lily and Gretel won (we played teams). And we had our traditional Sjoelen tournament. Mr. Chidlow was determined to redeem his reputation.

Mrs. R takes a practice round... she's concentrating.

And Mr. C is getting worried.

A rousing card game... they sure look roused, don't they?

And... shock of shocks, EMILY won the second Sjoelen tournament!
Emily, I am still about to faint when I remember that!
(Tara won the first game, but that's not headline news)

She has no idea how it happened either.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We made as much noise as we could. 
Mr. R was prompted to remark, "Who needs boys when you have girls like this?"
Love the expressions in this photo! :-)

Tara blowing up a noisy balloon while keeping an eye on Mr. C's progress.

 I guess she didn't have anything to worry about. :-)

I'm sorry, Gretel. I couldn't resist.

Blow harder, Emily! All those breathing exercises should help!

Yes. Be afraid. Very afraid!

We drank sparkling grape juice (or champagne for the adults) while listening to various versions of Old Lang Syne on YouTube.


Hello, 2011! Thanks for coming, R's and C's - we had so much fun!

2 comments:

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Looks like you all had way too much fun!

Esther

Gretel said...

You are to cruel! ;) I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com