Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Visit to Pine Crest

A few weeks ago we had the wonderful opportunity to take a mini vacation up to Door County. Dad's secretary's brother owns a beautiful house up there that he let us use!

The house was all of stone and looked like something out of a BBC movie. :-)

The terrace in back

The back view... pretty big, eh? :-)

This is a historic restaurant in the area and is apparently THE place to go for ice cream or lunch. It was packed!

They had a really neat old phone in the kitchen! The whole house had a lot of antiques.

Dad in the "study." See, even the inside looks like a movie! Dad's just missing a top hat and a cravat.

Tara took some pictures of me with my harp

And I took some of her in various outfits.
You can see more of this on my photography blog.
(I only have photos from the bridesmaid dress shoot so far, but I've got more coming :-)

We had breakfast at the Old Post Office restaurant, which sounds a lot cuter than it was, but it was pretty good food. :-)

The lovely two-room kitchen (no coveting going on here at all... nope)

Adorable dining room (it had two tables)

Blurry picture of the study leading into the living room

The upstairs extra room which housed the TV, and some couches which were certainly not my style. :-)

One of the pretty beds.

We had a nice time relaxing, shopping, eating and enjoying the house. If you'd like to see more pictures of the knick-knacks in the house, I'll be putting up some of those more "artsy" pictures on my blog tomorrow!

(and we finally got a family picture without us dressed up in our Reformation Day outfits!!! :-)

6 comments:

Allie Dean said...

Wow....what.a.house!

Pretty sure you could have spent the whole vacation just shooting away!!

How nice of the brother to let you stay :)

**goes to check out more photos on the other blog**

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Oh Kathryn, how delightful! I absolutely love the study and all the wood work.....


Hannah

Mom said...

I admit it - I was coveting - the kitchen (dumbwaiter and all) and dining room especially!

Mrs. Webb said...

All I can say is "WOW"!!!

Kristen said...

*happy sigh*

So wonderful. What a charming place.

[The family picture is still my favorite, though. =]

Mrs. Crook said...

WOW!!! What a great family experenence for you all! SO glad that you were able to get away for a while, relax and have fun! :)

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com