Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Girls in White Dresses With(out) Blue Satin Sashes...

My blog conscience wanted an update, and here she's getting 2 in one day! :-) That's only because I had 2 posts in my head and now I am actually sitting here doing it.

A month or two ago Tara and I decided we wanted to try to make some white dresses based on the movie "Wives & Daughters." Tara started on hers and did a lot of fancy embroidery, etc. She finished hers in good time and it turned out lovely. Hers is based on Molly's white ball gown (click here for a couple of pictures of the gown). Somewhere along the line our friend Emily decided to make a white dress too, and then we thought it would be fun to all wear them for our "end of the season" program at the retirement home we all visit every week. Well, I didn't have time to make mine till the week before and amazingly I finished it in record time of almost exactly one week! Mine is based off of Molly's white dinner gown. We changed the pattern to suit our tastes, so they don't look just like the movie dresses - but we like them!
We also wore them to a tea for Emily's Bible study where we sang for the ladies in between courses.



After the tea we had a "white dress photo op."





After posing for "pretty pictures" we decided to get silly and jump on the trampoline - definitely not period correct but who cares.



3 comments:

The Theology of Food said...

You all did a fabulous job on your dresses! Looks like your tea was wonderful as well!

The blog Conscience:)

Ps. Kathryn, I'm glad your listening to your conscience........the next thig it will be telling you is that you need to come to Texas:o)

Loo said...

the dresses turned out very nice

Emily Jo said...

Wow, it looks like we're flying on the trampoline! LOL! You're pictures turned out really nicely. We'll have to swap the good ones we have of the tea and trampoline etc. Love ya! - Em

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com