Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hallelujah! The Piano is Tuned!

Perhaps it seems like a strange thing to post, but this is really good news for us!! The piano was WAY out of tune and the higher register notes would clunk after they were played - very annoying. The piano tuner told us that the piano really needs a lot of stuff done to it, and it was never like this before. To fix the "clunking", he had to take the entire keyboard out and raise the hammer on each key. Once that was finished, he tried to put it back in, but the sides of the pin board (I think that's what he called it) were sagging (the sides, not the middle...weird, huh?) so it wouldn't go back in! He had to use this tool to push the pin board up and shove the keyboard into the piano. We were all a little nervous watching him pry and push our "baby". Aside from all that, we are really glad that it is tuned, and it really is much more enjoyable to play and listen to, especially since the notes actually play not thunk!

Below are some pictures that Kathryn took while the keyboard was out.


3 comments:

The Theology of Food said...

I totally understand your excitement! Ours is in the same dilemma:-)

Very neat last picture.........

Hannah


Wahoo wahoo!!!!!!!!!!
The blog conscience didn't have to get active this time:-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, isn't that last pic cool? I was very impressed with myself on how it came out! :-)

We are trying to put the blog conscience (temporarily) out of business! LOL! Though it wouldn't do to permanently fire her... ;-)

Unknown said...

I agree, that is a VERY blog worthy post! Yay! I'm excited for you guys!

I need to get mine tuned soon also :/ Thanks for the reminder (as if playing it isn't startling enough lol :)

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com