Monday, September 08, 2008

North Carolina!

We're back!! And glad to be so, though we did enjoy the time spent out East. Most of the time centered on the wedding, though we had ample time for just relaxing.

For some members of the family, Mahjong is the game of choice.




As far as the wedding... Thursday night some friends of Amy's parents (Amy is the bride, by the way :-) hosted a "barbecue" at their gorgeous home. Barbecue to them apparently means a high class, $40 a head meal. :-) I wish I had pictures of their mansion, it was unbelievable (to give you an idea, they have 4 kitchens, a movie theater in the basement, and an elevator).
Saturday was the wedding at Duke Chapel. The chapel was amazing! I got a few photos but not enough! I am kicking myself because I forgot to take pictures of the exterior after the wedding. Ah, well. Another time!



This one's for Opa - You were right, they have a mighty nice organ!! :-)

After the wedding we headed over to a country club for the reception. In the hallway there were 3 large-as-life ice sculptures of David's (the groom's) white German Shepherd, Angel, and Amy's two dogs, Turtle the Pomeranian and Max the chihuahua. Very cool!





And here are a few more random pics from the wedding:



Amy's family is Norwegian (I think!) and we heard that this is their traditional wedding cake. Fun!

The first dance

The bride dancing with her daddy (aww) :-)

The story behind this is: The feet pictured are Stephanie's (sister of the groom & also matron of honor). She and her husband Charles came over in the morning before the wedding and she was wearing these...well...unique shoes. She had kept putting off buying new shoes for the wedding and ended up buying them that day! My Aunt Lulu joked that she should just wear those instead. Well, lo and behold - she wore them at the reception! :-)

The bride and groom with their melting dogs. LOL!

Hope you enjoyed the pics...

4 comments:

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Oh! An update! Wonderful.............what a lovely wedding. And the house...........oh my goodness! Thats huge! Did you get any pictures of it?!?!??!

Glad you all made the trip safe and sound.

Hannah

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Those ice sculptures are so neat! Did the room have to be pretty cool?

I love that cake so neat!

Ha those shoes. pretty funny!

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hannah:
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures from the 4-kitchen, movie-theater, elevator house - I was a dope and FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! UGH!
Actually they didn't have the room unusually cool for the ice sculptures. They were just sitting in a big tray of ice cubes. By the end they were getting pretty melty (as you can see by the photo of Amy & David with them versus the first photos).
Aren't the shoes bizarre?
:-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Great update and pics! :)

 

Copyright © 2011 The Yen Family Blog . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com